Friday, September 14, 2012

Wrong side of the bed...

Ya know those days when you wake up on the wrong side of bed? Where little things, things that should warrant far more patience than you seem to be able to muster, tend to set you off on a tangent? Do you ever work yourself up into a fit of crazy?

By all accounts today should be an awesome day! BJ stayed home from work, I played balloon soccer in the kitchen with Aubrey, and Jayden was being his imaginative self in creating games (complete with story line) for himself and Aubrey to play. Yet, for some ridiculous reason, I'm grumpy. I am being an obnoxious, snappy, nitpicking, monster! Working myself up into a frenzy because my sink is full of dishes and I'm behind on laundry yet again! Even as I write this, the little voice in my head is saying "everyone reading is just wondering what in the hell you do with your time! How come you cannot seem to catch up? Why are you such a slob?" This is something that compounds into epic levels of crazy inside my head. I am being completely irrational. Even if my assumption of judgment is correct, it is irrelevant. I recognize this fact, and for some reason there are those days where you cannot seem to put the monster away once it's been unleashed. As if it is saying "you will be a negative crazy cakes today!" regardless of what logic wants. The emotionally driven side of me is winning and not in a good way!

This is when you climb in bed, take a nap, and start over... Oh wait, I'm a mom. I can't just take a nap right now! C'mon Carlie, stop your whining!! Time to pull yourself up by your metaphorical bootstraps and turn your day around!

We shall see how well I do! I will report back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment