Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Taboo

How many times have you wanted to say that you need a break from being a mom but were afraid to do so because you were worried that someone else might think you were weak or whiney or just a bad parent? Have you ever yelled at your kids for something that, looking back, was completely trivial?

Never fear, I'm going to say it for you. I'm going to take that fear of judgment away because you can just tell yourself, if Carlie can say it, so can I!!

What are the things you think but are too afraid to say out loud for fear of appearing flawed?

Here's my confession for today: I hate potty training my son and I don't feel like I'm very good at it! I would rather change a poop filled diaper than have him poop in his underwear!!! And as hard as it is for me to admit, I've yelled at my 3-year-old for pooping his pants. I'm ashamed of this. I feel bad. But I'm not a perfect mom. I get frustrated when he poops his pants for three days in a row!! I want to give up and say just wear a diaper!! Today, when my daughter, who is 2, took her diaper off and pooped on the playroom floor and then peed on her bed, I just wanted to crawl in bed and call it a day! Guess what, I'm just not a perfect mom!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love my children. I learn so much from them. I love their hugs and kisses. My son, Jayden, tells the best stories. His imagination makes me smile. He is smart and funny. My daughter is beautiful, intelligent, and a little spit-fire. I have committed myself to those children, I am learning to live a life different from what I thought I always wanted. It is a learning curve. Current societal programming to strive for an impossible ideal only led to bouts of insanity! So no more of that! Like I said, I'm real. This is my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment