Sunday, September 23, 2012

Weekend update

It has been a lovely weekend, I am almost sad that it is over. On Friday, the kids and I played close to home. We enjoyed some time outside, they got to drive their little ride-on toys up and down the driveway and sidewalk in front of the house, they had a blast playing in the dirt and running around the yard. When we went inside, they had a blast running all over the house and it was an overall happy, positive day. BJ and I ended the day in our usual way, listening to our favorite radio show and at 10pm there was a light knock at my door. Admittedly freaked out a bit at first, we were pleasantly surprised to see my baby brother at the door! Yes, he is 22, but he will forever be my baby brother ;)

Saturday morning began with the kids and I going on a monster hunt through the house and jumping on Brandon to wake him up. Aubrey started talking incessantly about Grandpa Rose (who is my father, his nickname for my stepmom is Rose, and she has always been Grandma Rose. So to little ones it would only make sense then that my dad is Grandpa Rose!) which prompted a FaceTime call to say hello if only to appease Aubrey. Ironically, she will talk constantly about people, grandma and grandpa rose, grammie, grandma and grandpa Hahn, etc., but when we call them she shuts right up and acts shy. It's kind of adorable. True to form, she wouldn't say much when I called my dad so I was forced to interpret her words much of the time. At one point though, she had apparently had enough of this because she was talking to my dad and when I tried to clarify her words she put her little hand over my mouth.

After she got to talk to grandpa, it was time to go hang out with grandma Hahn for a while. BJ and I gathered the littles up and headed for his parents house. When we walked outside, we noticed some interesting things going on in the sky, but I'll save that rant for another post.

His parents had the kids all afternoon, my mom came down so she could go do some pre-wedding things for my brother Mike, which is the same reason I got to see my baby brother!

That evening BJ surprised me with dinner at our favorite place to eat, Tepanyaki. Dinner was phenomenal, which is never a surprise when we eat there! After dinner we met his parents at the park so we could chat while the babies played. When it was too dark to play we headed back to our house to continue our chats. This was another universal test. I told them they were welcome to come on over to my messy house and while I did dishes when we got home, I did not become a crazy, high-strung mess! Neither did BJ, which made me so proud!! It is proof that both of us are making progress on accepting ourselves for who we are now, the good and the bad.

It's bound to be a busy week. Mike and Jenessa are getting married in Friday, which is so truly exciting. I've waited 5-years for this wedding!! It also means I get to see my sister, brother-in-law, and my sweet little nephew Hunter, whom I have not seen since he was born about 8-months ago!!

Needless to say, there may not be much time for blogging, but I'll do my best. I'm gonna get my Logan on this week, which always makes me happy!! I am just saying that this is going to be a phenomenal week!!!

Love and light.

Q

No comments:

Post a Comment