Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I think I passed!

The Universal test occurred. Life kept me from becoming a high-strung mess as I frantically tried to clean up before Krista arrived. Life kept me from frantically trying to clean up before she arrived! The house was a mess, the sink full of dishes, counter a disaster too. However, the kids wanted bread and berries from the store. Their desires and needs won out over my ego. Won out over my pride, as though I would have been able to make more than a minuscule dent in the time I had prior to her arrival anyway. There were a few times she had to remind me to relax and stop apologizing for the mess. After a little while, I was able to relax and just enjoy myself. Enjoy the time I spent with another human, another adult. It was definitely something I needed and I cannot wait to do it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment