Saturday, September 15, 2012

Ahh, the art of doing nothing

Today I am being lazy. I will proudly admit to sleeping in until noon (granted I went to sleep at 2, woke up at 4, and didn't fall asleep again until 7, but on a normal day I would have had to wake up at 8 with the kids!) However, I am fighting a battle within myself. The desire to do nothing, to recover and simply enjoy silence, is running through me from head to toe. On the flip side of that, the inner monster is telling me that it is irresponsible to do nothing when my sink is full of dishes, there are loads of laundry to fold, garbages to dump, and a disastrous playroom to clean. The list of things to do, for all of us, seems to be endless. There is always somewhere to be, something to do. We are always in a hurry for this or that. In being true to myself, I can honestly say I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that if I do not stay in the present moment today, if I do not relax and recuperate, I will not be able to do all of the things on my endless to-do list. More importantly, if I do not recuperate, I will not be in the right place to be the patient, positive, loving wife and mother I try to be.

I have much more to say, but I need to get back to my nothingness. I need to continue recharging my batteries today. Perhaps I will report back later.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment