Monday, September 17, 2012

A test of my enlightenment

The Universe likes to send me tests. When I claim to feel a certain way, claim to have accepted certain things, such as my imperfect and rather messy house, the Universe likes to send me little tests just to make sure I stick with it in practical application and not just the theory of it all. I have claimed to accept myself as I am, I claimed to have accepted my imperfection. Here is the test: my cousin is coming to visit with her adorable baby boy and my kitchen is a giant mess. Instead of washing my pile up dishes, I relaxed, and played all weekend long. Will I be an anxious, high-strung mess? Or can I be true to myself and welcome her into my home with open, loving arms and make her feel welcome in spite of the mess? Time will tell. The Universe is complicating my ability to wash the dishes before she arrives, so this is a true test. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment