Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What's this all about?

It is my opinion that parents today find themselves striving for perfection to such a degree it drives us just a little bit crazy. Gone are the days of individual acceptance (if those days ever existed). Gone are the days of individuality. Today it seems that everyone is competing for parent of the year. Everyone is competing to have the perfect children, perfect marriage, perfect home. Could this drive for perfection, this constant need to control all the details of life so they fit into our perfect ideals be to blame for the high divorce rate or the even higher rate of anxiety and depression among the population? I don't know! I wont pretend to know! All I will do is say to you that I am not perfect. I will not pretend to be perfect. I will simply be real. I am striving for individual acceptance as a wife, mother, and woman, and it is my intention to share that journey with you. 


Hahn Family Christmas 2010
BJ, Carlie, Jayden & Aubrey

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for this blog! I love to hear your thoughts on things...also, I LOVE pictures...so, don't forget about the pictures too, so I can see your cute little ones...oh yeah, and you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Thanks!!! We are heading to the State Fair tomorrow, I'm sure I'll get lots of great pictures and stories too! That's just how imperfect I happen to be! I suck at taking pictures! Ha!!

      Delete