Saturday, September 28, 2013

Adventure is out there

Here are some fun facts about me. The last time I was on an airplane was about 1999, and I've never been east of Colorado. Perhaps I've been very sheltered in my life, but I like the western United States. I mean, I live in Utah and for the most part I love it here. It's beautiful, my family is here, my home is here, what more could a girl want? I've been to my nearby states, Colorado, California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, even Wyoming. But I've never ventured east. Until now. In a few days I will not only be flying for the first time in 14 years, but I'll be flying across the country to Delaware for my best friends wedding. Yes, I know, this is not a big deal to most of you. This is huge for me though. I've been on an airplane 3 times total. First (and second) was a round trip flight to San Diego. Last was a one-way to Portland. All of which were simple non-stop flights. All of which occurred 14 years ago. I'm just a simple girl, a simple girl with a simple mind.. Okay, perhaps that's stretching it a bit, but I grew up in a smallish town and smallish towns are where I'm most comfortable. The whole bright lights, big city idea is a little on the terrifying side for me. 

Here are some more fun facts about me. I am what you could call, people claustrophobic. Lots of people, confined spaces... Kind of makes me panic to just think about it... I don't like to be touched by people I don't know and I have a pretty large comfort bubble that I don't like being invaded, even my kids can make me feel claustrophobic when they get up in my face with theirs for too long. I know, I know, I sound like a total nutcase. That's probably not far off the mark ;) 

Another first for me, I've never been away from my kids for this long. In fact, I haven't been by myself for this many days in a row since I met BJ. The longest my kids have gone without me is about 2 days. After day one Aubrey starts getting twitchy because she misses mom. Thank goodness for FaceTime. 

Anyway, that's all for now.  This nutcase is off to read the TSA traveling guidelines so I know what I can pack on my grand adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment