Monday, November 4, 2013

Updates for October

I've been struggling with balance in my life for a long time. It has been said, more than once, that I am fire and ice. I wont deny those tendencies, but I have been working on finding balance in all things so that I may enjoy life more. Lately, it has been working wonderfully. My marriage is stronger, and happier, than ever. We are having so much fun with the kids, we are making steps to declutter the house, etc. Overall, the house is just a happier home than it has been in years.

I feel like I'm falling into my role as homemaker, stay-at-home mom, whatever you want to call it, with happiness and peace now. I am happy to be home with the kids. I am happy to cook dinner for the family, and I love it when I create some random concoction in the kitchen and it turns out delicious. The kids have been helping me cook, helping me clean, but playing and enjoying life as well. I play my games (marrying a gamer can rub off on you!), the kids watch their shows, play their games, and even work on the many craft projects I pulled out for them. I knew that stash of wood crafts and sun catchers would pay off eventually!

I used to miss my village, even mourn its loss. Now, however, I am comfortable without it. We seem to have fun as a family, whether the extended crowd is with us or not! The night before Halloween we carved pumpkins as a family. It was so much fun. We worked together to clear off our cluttered dining table, making it clean and functional again. After we finished that, we laid down some of the thick paper you can use as a drop cloth, the kind you can buy in a giant roll at Lowe's. We taped it down to the table and the fun began. BJ helped Aubrey with her pumpkin, he drew a face on the paper so she could decide just how she wanted the pumpkin to look and together they carved it. I helped Jayden with his. He told me which shapes he wanted for which parts and then held the knife with me as we created his pumpkin. Then it was the parents turn! The pumpkins turned out great!

Another fun family event we did this month was our annual trip to Gardner Village to see the witches. Mike, Jenessa, Chris, & Cassy came along to see the witches, and the kids reactions to them. Grandma Cassy paid for the kids to go on a pony ride, and they loved it. Aubrey got to ride on Silver, and Jayden on Snowflake. The woman who led the horse around for Jayden just got a kick out of his stories. She told me I should take him to a storytelling festival they have nearby because he would do great. He does tell a good story, and he is so animated about it. I need to be better about taking videos of his stories so I can share them with everyone.

Anyway, this is just a quick update. When I get all the pictures from Halloween night, I'll be back to tell another story :) For now, I'll leave you with some highlights of our month.

They are so cute when they are sleeping!

Aubrey with her dolly and her iPad. She insists on sleeping with that decorative "square" pillow. 


Jayden's pumpkin

Aubrey's pumpkin

BJ's pumpkin

My pumpkin

Looking spooky!

Kale for dinner

Aubrey helped me wash and dry it

She is a great kitchen assistant

Now it's time to color robots

And glitter glue on pumpkins! 

Jayden thought that was a lot of fun.


Goofy boy

Pained smile




Glitter glue and my sharpie collection has created days worth of entertainment around here

Off to see the witches

Aunt Nessa and Uncle Mike with the littles! I love how Mike had to hold Jayden's head.

Daddy & Aubrey


The whole family



Waiting in line for the pony ride

She wouldn't let go of that ticket


Big cheese loves pictures of herself

Aubrey has been doing Yoga with Aunt Nessa, she absolutely loves it. As soon as Jenessa came over that day, Aubrey rolled out the mat and begged to do Yoga with her!


Jenessa helped me organize my closet, while Mike and I organized the crawl space. I'll post more pictures of that later. It's been quite the project, but it needed to be done, desperately!

My mom brought me a bunch of apples from her tree, so I decided to dehydrate them. It was one of my favorite treats when I was growing up, and I wanted to share that with the kids.




I may not be "that kind of mom" but I've been having fun pretending lately! My kids are happy and healthy, and in the end, that's what really matters!! The more I work on balance, the happier everyone seems to be. 



No comments:

Post a Comment